Boscawen Public Library services the residents of Boscawen, New Hampshire
By supplying information, education, and entertainment.
ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
The Boscawen Public Library was voted into existence at the Town Meeting in March 1892. The Town Hall housed the library starting the following year with a collection of 108 books. The space soon became crowded and insufficient. John Kimball, Benjamin A. Kimball, and Frank L. Gerrish donated the majority of funds to build a new library. Guy Lowell, a nationally renowned architect, designed the building in Upper Boscawen, located in the elongated village center of Boscawen, on the east side of King Street, Route 3 just south of its junction with Route 4. It is one of New Hampshire's finest examples of small-scale Colonial Revival architecture and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as of 1981.
Beginning in 1928, the second floor of the Torrent Hose Firehouse served as the Lower Boscawen Branch for many years. For the better part of the century, Boscawen was a town with two libraries.